PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
50th Brazilian Congress of Orthopaedics and Traumatology – CBOT
Registrations extended: August, 10th
Guidelines to submit papers on any topics related to orthopaedics and traumatology
- Fill in all required information in the submission form for PAPERS ON ANY TOPICS RELATED TO ORTHOPAEDICS AND TRAUMATOLOGY (information on author, speaker, co-authors, and institutions). Paper content, authors, and co-authors may not be changed after submission. Submission can only be completed if all required fields are filled.
- Lead authors must be registered to attend the congress in order to submit the STRUCTURED ABSTRACT for review.
*Foreign participants and independent orthopaedists who register to attend the Congress may also submit scientific papers.
- Only STRUCTURED ABSTRACTS submitted through the Congress website shall be considered. Please select the area of study: Anatomy, Experimental, or Clinical.
- Please make sure to select one of the FOCUS AREA below for your paper in the electronic form:
1) Basic Science
3) External fixation
6) Sports Medicine
7) Shoulder and Elbow
8) Orthopaedic Oncology
9) Pediatric Orthopaedics
10) Metabolic bone disorders
13) Foot and Ankle
We will NOT review STRUCTURED ABSTRACTS received via email, fax, or mail.
- Please make sure to indicate how you will present your paper: Oral Presentation or E-Poster Paper (electronic poster) on Any Topics Related to Orthopaedics and Traumatology.
You will be notified if the scientific committee decides that your paper fits a presentation method other than the one you indicated. If a change is suggested, you will have to confirm if you approve it upon registering your paper.
Best Congress Paper Awards
All papers accepted will be presented during oral sessions or published as e-posters, and shall be eligible for awards. The best oral presentations will win according to the award categories Anatomy Study, Experimental Study, Clinical Study. Only one e-poster will win an award, regardless of its topic.
- There is no limit to the number of authors by paper or the number of papers submitted by author.
- STRUCTURED ABSTRACTS may be submitted in the following languages: Portuguese, Spanish, or English; however, only presentations in Portuguese will be accepted.
- STRUCTURED ABSTRACTS cannot include any information on the paper’s authors or services, and will be disqualified in case they do.
- Please include all mailing information of the responsible author (postal address, department, institution, email), as we will contact them via email.
- Award-winning papers shall be granted the Certificate of Best Paper in the specified category, including the names of all registered authors, as well as the award set forth by the Continuing Education Committee – CEC, and shall be presented once again at the Congress closing ceremony.
- The Paper Review Committee reserves the right to disregard papers failing to follow the guidelines set forth for the 2018 CBOT.
- STRUCTURED ABSTRACTS cannot be modified after they are submitted to the system.
- STRUCTURED ABSTRACTS submitted more than once shall be automatically disqualified.
- The Paper Review Committee will review all papers following the appropriate double-blind review procedures so as to not identify the author(s).
ORAL PAPERS ON ANY TOPICS RELATED TO ORTHOPAEDICS AND TRAUMATOLOGY
Please submit your form with a structured abstract. It must include introduction, materials used, method, results, and findings. Abstract length is limited to 2,500 characters without spaces.
E-POSTER PAPERS ON ANY TOPICS RELATED TO ORTHOPAEDICS AND TRAUMATOLOGY
Similarly to papers submitted for oral presentation, submissions for e-poster presentations shall include a structured abstract in the electronic form. They must include introduction, materials used, method, results, and findings. Abstract length is limited to 2,500 characters without spaces.
The authors shall submit PowerPoint files of their E-Poster presentations after they are accepted by the Paper Review Committee. Authors may decide how many slides their presentation will have, up to 14 slides.
File Size: 5 Mb max
The paper submission program has an automatic character count tool that does not allow typing more text once the maximum 2,500-character limit is reached. Charts and images will not be accepted in the abstract.